Jeff is a master furniture maker and woodcarver based in Unity, NH, with over 30 years experience designing and building custom original and period pieces. He has great admiration and respect for the art, craftsmanship and design of 18th century furniture. His specialty is ornamentally carved and shaped pieces. He has hand built 100’s of pieces of furniture—mastering his techniques over the years to achieve the finest attention to detail. He is a juried member of the nationally recognized New Hampshire Furniture Masters Association and an award winning member of the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen.
Jeff completed the North Bennet Street School's Cabinet and Furniture Making program in 1980. Before moving to NH and opening his own shop, he worked in several small, semi production and custom shops in southeastern Massachusetts where he made 100's of period and custom pieces as well as created prototypes for new designs. The standards of efficiency and attention to detail upheld in these settings helped hone his skills and gave him the opportunity to learn from many other makers. During this time, he began to meditate seriously, sometimes meditating for up to 3 hours a day. Meditation was invaluable to his development as a person as well as a furniture maker. It increased his ability to see the full project and how each step would unfold, allowed him to be fully in the moment doing meticulous work and took him from being a good furniture maker to being recognized as a national master.
- 2017 Cartouche Award Recipient, Society of American Period Furniture Makers, Lifetime Achievement in Period Furniture
- 2016 'Honorable Mention', Veneer Tech Craftsman's Challenge, Sheraton Sideboard
- 2013 'Best in Traditional Design', League of NH Craftsmen, Newport Lowboy
- 2011 'Best in Wood', League of NH Craftsmen, Newport Tea Table
- 2010 'Best in Traditional Design', League of NH Craftsmen, Pie Crust Tea Table
- 2008 'Best in Wood' and 'Public Choice Award', League of NH Craftsmen, Newport Style Desk on Frame